This easy, thick, and creamy mango banana smoothie recipe requires only 4 simple ingredients and makes a great breakfast or evening snack.
Why You'll Love This Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Fresh and delicious
- Made from only 4 simple ingredients.
- Quick, it comes together in under 5 minutes.
- Filling, Perfect for a breakfast or snack
- Kid-friendly - great for all ages.
- It contains no refined sugar.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free.
You will require a few simple ingredients to make this smoothie recipe.
- Mango: Use good quality mangoes that are sweet, juicy, and non-fibrous to make this milkshake recipe. I personally like Ataulfo, Kent, or Keitt varieties in the USA and Alphonso, Kesar, and Badami varieties in India. You can use either fresh or frozen mango. You may also use canned mango pulp or mango puree instead of mango chunks.
- Banana: It makes the smoothie creamy and sweet. I prefer to use fresh ripe bananas. You may use frozen bananas as well.
- Milk: I've used unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. However, you can use dairy, coconut, oat, soy, or any plant-based milk you like.
- Sweetener: add a sweetener of your choices like maple syrup, honey, agave, or dates syrup. Adding sweetener is optional if the mangoes and bananas are very sweet.
- Ice cubes: it's optional.
How to Make Mango Banana Smoothie
Add the mango pieces, banana slices, apple, milk, sweetener, and ice cubes to your blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender, which blends a super smooth and creamy smoothie in a few seconds.
If your smoothie is too thick, add some milk and blend again.
Serve immediately with some ice cubes if desired, and enjoy!
How to Serve Mango Banana Smoothies
Serve this mango banana smoothie as a healthy breakfast or a quick snack. If desired, pair it with sandwiches or pancakes for breakfast. You can also serve it to infants and toddlers kids.
Variations and Optional Add-Ins
- Protein Powder: add one scoop of protein powder and blend to increase the protein and keep you fuller longer
- Nut butter: such as peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter, add creaminess and nutty flavor to this smoothie recipe. Great source of healthy protein and fat.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, or hemp hearts are great choices. They contain healthy plant protein, fats, fiber, and omega-3s.
- Toss in some other fruit: You can also add seasonal fruits like blueberries, strawberries, peach, apple, kiwi, and pineapple, along with mangoes and bananas, in this smoothie.
- Chocolate: Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate mango banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: You can use either plain greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt (like coconut yogurt) to add extra protein.
- Greens: For an extra boost of vitamins and minerals, add a handful of fresh spinach or kale while blending.
- Vegan: use almond, coconut, soy, or, oat milk.
- Use ripe fruits: using a ripe mango and banana makes the smoothie sweet, creamy, and tastes great.
- Use frozen mango or banana: This will make your smoothie extra thick, creamy, and chill.
- Use a high-speed blender: This will help to make your smoothie silky-smooth. You will not run into any chunks of fruit in the mouth.
- Adjust the Sweetness: Adjust the amount of sweetener depending on the sweetness of the fruits. You may skip the sweetener as well.
- Drink it immediately: This smoothie is best enjoyed when fresh.
Refrigerator: Fresh mango banana fruit smoothie tastes best when served immediately after preparation. However, you can store any leftover milkshake overnight or for up to 24 hours in the fridge in an air-tight container.
Freezer: You can freeze the smoothie in a freezer-safe container or ziplock for future use. Just ensure to thaw it out thoroughly before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, mango and banana smoothies are healthy.
Mangoes are a good source of vitamins A, B, and C and dietary fiber. Bananas are rich in potassium and magnesium.
Yes, you can put mango skin in a smoothie as it's edible and rich in fiber and antioxidants. Sometimes the peel can be bitter. Hence it's best to peel the skin before blending.
Use ice cubes or frozen fruits to make your smoothie thicker.
More Mango Recipes
More Favorite Smoothie Recipes
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy mango banana smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Mango Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup mango chunks (1 large mango)
- ¾ cup banana slices (1 medium banana)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (agave, or honey)
- ice cubes optional
- Add the mango pieces, banana slices, apple, milk, sweetener, and ice cubes to your blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender, which blends a super smooth and creamy milkshake in a few seconds.
- If your milkshake is too thick, add some milk and blend again.
- Serve immediately with some ice cubes if desired, and enjoy!