Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #32 – Broccoli Paneer Paratha + Pistachios & Raisins + Veggie Straws
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Broccoli Paneer Paratha & Boondi Raita – Here is the detailed broccoli paneer paratha Recipe
Broccoli Paneer Paratha
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
For the Broccoli Paneer filling:
- 1 cup shredded Broccoli (steamed or boiled)
- 1 cup grated paneer (about 175 grams)
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds(jeera) powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (Or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (Or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt adjust to taste
- Firstly blanch or steam the broccoli florets .Then chop the broccoli finely. You can also chop using the food processor.
- Take wheat flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and knead together to make a soft dough.Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- Meanwhile for the Broccoli Paneer Filling mix all the ingredients listed for making the filling in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch diameter circle.
- Keep 2-3 tbsp of filling in the centre of the circle and then bring the ends together.
- Dust and roll gently to make a 6-8 inch diameter paratha.
- Heat a griddle/tawa. Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apple oil or ghee and cook until nicely browned.
- Serve Broccoli Paneer Paratha hot with raita and pickle.
- ¼ cup of grated cheese also can added to the broccoli paneer filling.
- Best if homemade paneer is used, since it will be softer than store brought.
- You can also chop broccoli finely ,saute them in 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan along with other spices.Turn of the gas.Then mix broccoli mixture with crumbled paneer and use as a filling.
- If you dont have paneer you can also add boiled potato(aloo).
- If you are vegan ,then skip ghee and butter and use any cooking oil.
- You can also add some chopped mint for extra flavor.
For Boondi Raita - I whisked yogurt first and added cumin powder ,chat masala ,red chilli powder ,salt and some store brought boondi.Mix well.
SNACK – Pistachios & Raisins- Pista's are high in protein and rich in nutrients.You can combine any nuts of your choice.
SNACK – Veggie Straws - This snack is not very very healthy but better than traditional potato chips because they contain less fat.Since my daughter loves them i sometimes pack these.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.