Steaming Broccoli in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is a perfect way of cooking crunchy tender broccoli in just a few minutes. These instant pot steamed broccoli helps to retain the nutrients and get the perfect bright green color and right texture to the vegetable.
Cooking broccoli in the Instant Pot is the fastest and easiest way to get tender, but not mushy broccoli and works well for meal prep.
Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family whose large flowering head and stalk are eaten as a vegetable. It is one of the world’s healthiest foods. This vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. It’s reputed to benefit digestion, the cardiovascular system, and the immune system, and to have anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties.
How to cook Broccoli without Steamer Basket
You can steam broccoli in an Instant Pot pressure cooker with or without a steamer basket. I have used a steel steamer basket that comes along with the Instant Pot packing.
But if you don't have a steamer basket, just put broccoli florets in the inner pot and ½ cup of water and follow the steps. But I highly recommend using a steamer basket to get perfectly crunchy and tender broccoli.
How to cook Frozen Broccoli in Instant Pot
Steaming Frozen Broccoli in instant pot also takes 0 Minutes on "Pressure Cook/Manual (High)" to get perfect tender broccoli.
How to steam Broccoli in Instant Pot
Firstly, wash and cut the broccoli into florets. Spread the florets in a layer on the steamer basket.
Then add water into the instant pot insert. Place the trivet and then the steamer basket in the instant pot insert.
Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.
Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and
Do set the timer to 0 minute for crunchier tender broccoli OR
You can set timer to 1 minute for softer tender broccoli
When the instant pot beeps, Quick Release the pressure manually. Open the lid.
Lastly, sprinkle some salt and black pepper and serve pressure cooker steamed broccoli.
More Instant Pot Basic Series
- Boil Potatoes
- Cook Chickpeas (Soak & No-Soak Method)
- One Minute Quinoa
- How to Cook Beets
- How to Cook Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli
Measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250ml
- 1 medium broccoli head
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Method:
- Wash and chop the broccoli into florets.Spread the florets in layer on the steamer basket.
- Add water into the instant pot insert.Place the trivet and then the steamer basket in the instant pot insert.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure).Set timer to 0 minute for crunchier tender broccoli ORSet timer to 1 minute for softer tender broccoli
- When the instant pot beeps, Quick Release the pressure manually.Open the lid.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and serve.