KIDS LUNCH BOX #4 – Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Red Grapes
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Mini Paneer Uttapam + Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Potato Spinach pancakes or Aloo Palak Cheela – Simple, healthy, delicious breakfast recipe .You can call these cheelas an Indian version of potato hash browns.
Firstly peel the skin and grate 2 large potatoes.[Appx 1 cup]
Soak grated potato for 5 minutes in cold water so that starch of potato is separated.
Squeeze excess water, else you end up adding more flour.
Add chopped spinach leaves, salt, besan , cornflour , pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well. Do not add water. Divide the mixture into two portions.If the batter is watery then add besan as required.
Heat one teaspoon oil in a shallow non-stick pan, spread one portion of potato mixture on the pan thinly[square or round shape] and cook, turning sides, till crisp. Similarly prepare more cheelas with the remaining mixture.
Serve hot with chutney to ketchup.
spread as thin as possible, of the shape of your choice.
Snack – Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad
- Mix 1 cup of sprouts [ You may blanch it for a couple of minutes in case you don’t like the raw taste], 1/2 cups of corn and 1/4 cup of diced cucumber,2 tbsp of diced tomato along with few dry raisins.[My kid loves raisins so I added].
- Add the juice of lime , some salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle chat masala.
- Toss well and serve.
Snack – Red Grapes – Wash grapes before packing into the box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
1. The sprouts need about a day’s time to get ready. Soak the whole green Moong for 4-6 hours . Drain the water ,cover with a moist muslin cloth and set aside to sprout.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Please avoid plastic lunch boxes to your kids.
- Any sprouts will be great for the salad, just play with it and pack the one which your kid likes.
- Always try to add seasonal fruits to your kids lunch box.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.