KIDS LUNCH BOX #4 – Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Red Grapes
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Mini Paneer Uttapam + Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Potato Spinach pancakes or Aloo Palak Cheela – Simple, healthy, delicious breakfast recipe .You can call these cheelas an Indian version of potato hash browns.
- Firstly peel the skin and grate 2 large potatoes.[Appx 1 cup]
- Soak grated potato for 5 minutes in cold water so that starch of potato is separated.
- Squeeze excess water, else you end up adding more flour.
- Add chopped spinach leaves, salt, besan , cornflour , pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well. Do not add water. Divide the mixture into two portions.If the batter is watery then add besan as required.
- Heat one teaspoon oil in a shallow non-stick pan, spread one portion of potato mixture on the pan thinly[square or round shape] and cook, turning sides, till crisp. Similarly prepare more cheelas with the remaining mixture.
- Serve hot with chutney to ketchup.
Snack – Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad
- Mix 1 cup of sprouts [ You may blanch it for a couple of minutes in case you don’t like the raw taste], 1/2 cups of corn and 1/4 cup of diced cucumber,2 tbsp of diced tomato along with few dry raisins.[My kid loves raisins so I added].
- Add the juice of lime , some salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle chat masala.
- Toss well and serve.
Snack – Red Grapes – Wash grapes before packing into the box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
1. The sprouts need about a day’s time to get ready. Soak the whole green Moong for 4-6 hours . Drain the water ,cover with a moist muslin cloth and set aside to sprout.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Please avoid plastic lunch boxes to your kids.
- Any sprouts will be great for the salad, just play with it and pack the one which your kid likes.
- Always try to add seasonal fruits to your kids lunch box.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.