Looking for easy, nutritious Vegetarian/Vegan Indian Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) Recipes to make in your Instant Pot or Stovetop? Look no further! Here's a compilation of over 12+ best Methi Recipes from my blog.
One of my favorite winter leafy greens is fenugreek leaves (often called methi). It is a ubiquitous ingredient in practically all Indian kitchens. Hence, it is used in a plethora of Indian recipes, such as savory methi paratha, aloo methi ki sabzi, decadent methi ladoo, and crispy methi muthiya.
Besides adding flavor and taste to the recipes, these leaves are also very nutritious and perfect for your diet. While speaking of its forms, it can be utilized in various ways, whether it's methi dana, fresh leaves, dried leaves (kasuri methi), or aromatic fenugreek powder.
- What Is Methi Or Fenugreek?
- Fenugreek Benefits
- 12+ Indian Methi Recipes (Fenugreek Leaves)
- Aloo Methi Sabzi (Potato Fenugreek Leaves Stir Fry)
- Methi Paratha
- Methi Pulao (Menthya Bath Karnataka Style)
- Methi Poori
- Methi Dal (Fenugreek Leaves Dal)
- Methi Corn Rice|Karnataka Style Menthya Rice
- Methi Chutney|Karnataka Style Menthe Chutney
- Methi Matar Malai
- Methi Muthia
- Methi Mathri
- Methi Thepla
- Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) Recipes
What Is Methi Or Fenugreek?
A perennial plant in the Leguminosae family, fenugreek grows every year. It is a well-known spice in Indian cuisine. Furthermore, it can be consumed in a variety of ways.
- Methi is a superfood that contains plenty of antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and other nutrients.
- Methi seeds and leaves are rich in fiber, aid in digestion, and expedite metabolism, all of which contribute to weight reduction.
- Methi aids in the removal of toxins from the body, the reduction of inflammation, and the control of cholesterol levels.
- These greens are excellent for controlling bowel movements because of their high dietary fiber content. It could also aid in avoiding acid reflux and heartburn.
- Finally, the presence of anti-oxidants and numerous vital vitamins in methi aids in blood purification. You can benefit even more from this if you want to grow out your hair and get good skin.
12+ Indian Methi Recipes (Fenugreek Leaves)
Knowing the advantages of methi leaves, here are some delectable vegetarian methi-based dishes that might be a wonderful addition to your wintertime menu. Read the recipe below.
I promise to keep updating this collection with more such yummy recipes. You can also check my other popular vegetable recipe collection below:
- Potato Recipes
- Spinach Recipes
- Cabbage Recipes
- Paneer Recipes (Cottage Cheese Recipes)
- Broccoli Recipes
- Cauliflower Recipes (Gobi Recipes)
- Beetroot Recipes
If you’ve tried these easy indian Methi recipes or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!