Cauliflower rice recipe is very simple to make, so let's learn how to make cauliflower rice with two easy preparation techniques. It's a perfect substitute for rice and is keto, low-carb, and paleo-friendly.
Being adaptable and able to please any palate, rice is a treasured ingredient in practically every cuisine. However, traditional rice dishes might occasionally focus more on the rice and less on the vegetables.
If you enjoy rice but want to give this traditional dish a healthy twist, cauliflower rice is the answer. This straightforward yet tasty dish will add something new and exciting to your meal.
Why You Will Love Cauliflower Rice Recipe?
- This recipe is not only a tasty alternative to conventional rice, but it's also a more wholesome food.
- It is the ideal recipe for managing your weight.
- Cauliflower is high in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, and vitamin K.
- It is quick and easy to make.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Wash cauliflower thoroughly, pat dry with a towel, and then remove the green parts.
1. Food Processor
Firstly, separate cauliflower into 1-2 inch florets. Add 2 cups of florets or halfway through the processor. Pulse the cauliflower till small rice-like grains are formed.
Mince or grate florets with the help of a grater or food processor to resemble fine rice or semolina.
Firstly, separate cauliflower into florets, preferably bigger size, so that it's easier to grate. Using the box grater with medium-sized holes, grate florets to resemble fine rice or couscous.
What to Serve with Cauliflower Rice
It can be stir-fried with some seasoning that can be eaten or paired with some main dishes similar to regular rice. I often serve it with curries like Paneer Makhani, Mushroom Masala, Palak Paneer (Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry).
Storage + How to freeze
Cauliflower Rice can be made in advance, and it can be kept for up to three days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
It can be frozen for up to 1 month by freezing individual portions in freezer-resistant containers or Ziploc freezer bags. Just defrost for 10 minutes before cooking.
More Indian Cauliflower Rice Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Cauliflower rice is a low-carb and low-calorie alternative to rice. It could even have a lot of advantages, like accelerating weight reduction, reducing inflammation, and even guarding against specific diseases.
Cauliflower rice does not taste like rice but tastes like cauliflower florets, which have a mild, nutty flavor.
More Keto/Low-Carb Recipes
- Cauliflower Soup
- Broccoli Spinach Soup
- Bottle Gourd Curry
- Keto Dosa|Almond Flour dosa
- Spinach Tofu Curry
- Tofu Bhurji
How To Make Cauliflower Rice(2 Ways)
- 1 medium head cauliflower makes 2-3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower thoroughly, pat dry with a towel, and then remove the green parts.
- 1. Food ProcessorFirstly, separate cauliflower into 1-2 inch florets. Add 2 cups of florets or halfway through the processor. Pulse the cauliflower till small rice-like grains are formed.Mince or grate florets with the help of a grater or food processor to resemble fine rice or semolina.
- 2. GraterFirstly, separate cauliflower into florets, preferably bigger size, so that it's easier to grate. Using the box grater with medium-sized holes, grate florets to resemble fine rice or couscous.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the cauliflower rice and saute for 2 minutes, cover with a lid, and cook on medium-low heat for another 2-3 minutes or till tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve Hot.