Cauliflower rice is very simple to make, so lets learn how to make cauliflower rice with two easy preparation techniques. Its a perfect substitute for rice and is keto, low carb and paleo friendly.
How to make Cauliflower Rice
Wash cauliflower thoroughly, pat dry with a towel, and then remove the green parts.
1. Food Processor
Firstly, separate cauliflower into 1-2 inch florets. Add 2 cups of florets or half way through the processor. Pulse the cauliflower till small rice-like grains are formed.
Mince or grate florets with the help of a grater or food processor to resemble fine rice or semolina.
Firstly separate cauliflower into florets preferably bigger size so that its easier to grate. Using the box grater with medium size holes, grate florets to resemble fine rice or couscous.
More Cauliflower Rice recipes
Storage + how to freeze Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Rice can be made in advance and it can be kept for up to three days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
It can be frozen for up to 1 month by freezing individual portions in freezer resistant containers or Ziploc freezer bags. Just defrost for 10 minutes before cooking.
What to serve with Cauliflower Rice
It can be stir-fried with some seasoning that can be eaten or paired with some main dishes similar to regular rice. I often serve it with curries like Paneer Makhani, Mushroom Masala, Palak Paneer(Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry).
More Keto/Low Carb Recipes
- Cauliflower Soup
- Broccoli Spinach Soup
- Bottle Gourd Curry
- Keto Dosa|Almond Flour dosa
- Spinach Tofu Curry
How To Make Cauliflower Rice(2 Ways)
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 medium head cauliflower makes 2-3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower throughly and dry with a towel and then remove the green part
- Using Food Processor :Firstly ,separate cauliflower into 1-2 inch florets.Add 2 cups of florets or halve way through the processor.Pulse the cauliflower till small rice like grains are formed.
- Using Grater:Firstly separate cauliflower into florets preferably bigger size so that its easier to grate.Using the box grater with medium size holes ,grate florets to resemble fine rice or couscous.
- In a large skillet or pan ,heat 1 tablespoon of oil ,then add the cauliflower rice and saute for 2 minutes and cover with a lid and cook on medium low heat for another 2-3 minutes or till tender.Season with salt and pepper.Serve Hot.