This Raw Mango Chutney (Mavinakayi Chutney) is a sweet and spicy Karnataka-style chutney version, a quick and simple recipe using raw green mangoes. It goes well with idli, dosa, neer dosa, chapati, steamed rice, etc.
There are many versions of Raw Mango Chutney, Andhra Style, with Coconut, etc. Today, I am sharing green mango chutney Karnataka Style, a spicy and sweet version.
Again I learned this recipe from my mother when she was visiting me. I prepared an exact measurement it came out exactly like hers. Whenever my mom made this chutney during the mango season, I relished it with hot steamed rice with some ghee on it, and it tasted yummy.
I used one medium mango for this chutney as it was not that sour. So adjust the mango quantity based on your taste and the sourness of the mango.
Or if you feel the chutney is very sour, add some more red chili powder, jaggery and grind it. It will reduce the sourness.
- grated raw mango (skin peeled)
- red chilli powder
- garlic cloves
- curry leaves
- cumin/jeera seeds
- mustard seeds
- methi/fenugreek seeds
- jaggery or brown sugar as per taste
For the seasoning:
How to Make Raw Mango Chutney
Add all the ingredients mentioned under the "Grinding Section," add some water and blend to make a smooth paste in a blender.
Heat oil in a Kadai over medium flame. Add mustard seeds, hing and when they splutter, add curry leaves. Then add raw mango paste.
Cook over a medium flame for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring in between to prevent the blackening and the sticking of mango mixture to the vessel.
Add water for desired chutney consistency. Saute till the chutney changes its color.
Cool and serve with steamed rice, chapati, or dosa.
What to serve with Raw Mango Chutney
More Mango Recipes
More Chutney Recipes
- Mint Peanut Chutney
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Coriander Mint Chuntey
- Walnut Chutney
- Red Bell Pepper chutney
- Ridge Gourd chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Tomato Chutney
Raw Mango Chutney Recipe (Mavinakayi Chutney)
Grinding: [Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml]
- In a blender, add all the ingredients mentioned under "Grinding Section" ,add some water and blend to make a smooth paste.
- In a kadai, heat oil over medium flame. Add mustard seeds, hing and when they splutter, add curry leaves.Then add raw mango paste.
- Cook over a medium flame for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring in between to prevent the blackening and the sticking of mango mixture to the vessel.Add water for desired chutney consistency. Saute till chutney changes its color.
- Cool and serve with steamed rice ,chapati or dosa.
- Can be stored upto 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- I have used one medium mango for this chutney as it was not that sour. So adjust the mango quantity based on your taste and the sourness of mango
♥ We LOVE to hear from you. If you make this recipe, please share your food photo with hashtag #indianveggiedelight on Facebook or Instagram so that we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you ♥
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.