Mint Peanut Chutney
The combination of nutty flavor of the roasted peanuts with the flavored mint and coriander leaves makes this chutney a rich, easy and spicy relish.
Also see other chutney recipes
MINT PEANUT CHUTNEY Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts/groundnut
- 1 cup mint/pudina
- 1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup onion(1/2 medium size onion)cup
- 3 green chilies/red chillies
- small gooseberry size tamarind
- 2-3 garlic cloves optional
- 2 tsp oil
Roast peanuts in a pan on a medium flame till it becomes golden brown .Remove and let it cool down.
In a pan,add oil,onion/shallots,green chilli,garlic and saute well till onions turn brown. Roughly takes 2-3 minutes.
Then add Mint,coriander leaves,tamarind saute for 1 minute(till mint leaves shrinks) and turn off the heat.Cool completely.
In a blender jar add roasted peanuts,mint mixture,salt,water and blend to a course or smooth paste as per your preference.
Transfer to a bowl,Serve with Idli, dosa or roti, bread, or as a spread in sandwiches and Enjoy
1. You may temper it if you want, in that case: heat a tbsp of oil separately and splutter some mustard seeds, urad dhal /black gram dhal and curry leaves, a pinch of asafoetida and pour it to the chutney
2. You can store this chutney refrigerated about 5-6 days, or freeze up to 6 months.
3. You can replace tamarind with one raw/green tomato.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.