Walnut are one of the worlds healthiest food packaged with protein, healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants, omega -3s and many vitamins and minerals.
I try to include walnuts in our diet since my little one and husband refuse to eat whole walnuts. Walnut Chutney is a great way to eat some healthy nuts and tastes somewhat similar to peanut chutney. It goes well with idli, dosa, Adai, Upma or panniyarams. Refer notes section for more variations.
Skip urad dal in tempering to make this Walnut Chutney as a Low carb ,Keto Chutney .
Health benefits of Walnuts
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Super Plant Source of Omega-3s
- Improves Heart Health and Metabolism
How to make Walnut Chutney
Take fresh grated coconut, raw walnuts, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves, tamarind and salt in a mixer jar, grind to fine paste using water.
Prepare the tempering by heating a little oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, split urad dal, hing and curry leaves, wait for urad dal to brown a bit and pour this tempering over the chutney and mix.
More Chutney recipes
- Mint-Peanut Chutney
- Methi seeds chutney
- Red Bell Pepper Chutney
- Ridge gourd Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Raw Mango chutney
- Tomato Chutney
Walnut Chutney Recipe video
Walnut Chutney|Side dish For Idli,Dosa
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- ½ cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- 3 green chilles
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ inch tamarind
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- water as needed to grind
- Take fresh grated coconut, raw walnuts, green chilli , ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves ,tamarind and salt in a mixer jar, grind to fine paste using water.
- Prepare the tempering by heating a little oil in a pan , add mustard seeds , split urad dal , hing and curry leaves, wait for urad dal to brown a bit and pour this tempering over the chutney and mix.
- Serve with idli, Dosa, Adai, Upma or panniyarams.
- You may use any nuts in the place of walnuts like soaked almonds, peanuts or cashews work too.
- I usually add curry leaves while grinding itself so that complete nutrition of curry leaves is intaken.
- You can skip ginger.
- You can try using red chillies instead of green chillies.
- Add more green chillies for spicy chutney.
- 6.You may add few mint(pudina) leaves too.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.