Onion chutney is a great accompaniment to idli, dosa, upma and even chapati. It is very common in all South Indian homes. I learnt this recipe from my mom and make this onion chutney once in a week. I love this chutney even as a spread for sandwich.Though I have used red onions you can use pearl onions also to prepare this chutney.
CHECKOUT OTHER CHUTNEY RECIPES
- Raw Mango chutney
- Tomato Chutney
- Ridge gourd Chutney
- Walnut Chutney
- Mint Peanut Chutney
- Methi seeds chutney
- Red Bell Pepper Chutney
ONION CHUTNEY|SIDE DISH FOR DOSA AND IDLI VIDEO RECIPE
ONION CHUTNEY|SIDE DISH FOR DOSA AND IDLI RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Onion Chutney|Side Dish for Dosa and Idli
- In a kadai,add oil ,once its hot add onions and garlic and saute.
- Once they are half way cooked,add red chillies,coriander leaves,tamarind and curry leaves and Saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Cool the mixture completely
- Add contents into the blender.
- Add salt for taste and jaggery and blend with no or less water.
- Add tempering and serve with idli or dosa
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.