Corn Bhel Recipe or Corn Chaat Bhel is a quick and delicious snack made with boiled sweet corn, tossed with chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber ,bell pepper ,spicy mint chutney and topped with crunchy sev and boondi.
It is healthy and can be prepared in very less time.You can enjoy it with your evening tea or whenever you crave for a chaat.
WHAT ARE CHAATS?
Chaat is a savory snack that originated in India, typically served on the roadside tracks from stalls or food carts across the Indian subcontinent.
THIS RECIPE IS PERFECT FOR ?
- Kids after school snacks or evening snack for both adults and kids.
- When you have fresh or frozen corn at home and you are craving for chaat.
- When you very less time to prepare any appetizer for your guests.Note:You can skip mint chutney in this recipe if you dont have it.
- Introducing chaats to kids as its healthy loaded with all the goodness of the vegetables.
- No fire cooking competition recipes.Note:If you are allowed to take boiled sweet corn.
TIPS & VARIATIONS TO MAKE CORN BHEL RECIPE:
- You can also add papdi’s, pomegranate seeds, boiled potato, tamarind chutney to corn bhel snack.
- Always serve this immediately because boondi and the sev can get soggy. If you are planning to serve after some time then add the boondi and sev later on
- If you dont have mint chutney dont worry , you can skip it.
- Cooking corn: Boil the corn in a pan with 1 cup of water till done. Drain the water and set it aside. OR simply microwave until done.I have used frozen corn in this recipe and microwaved for 2-3 minutes with little water.
HOW TO MAKE CORN CHAAT BHEL STEP BY STEP
1.In a large bowl add all above ingredients and Mix well.
2.Garnish with extra coriander leaves and some more farsan/sev.
3.Sweet Corn Bhel recipe is ready to be served with tea.
CHECKOUT OTHER APPETIZERS IDEAS
CORN BHEL RECIPE RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Corn Bhel Recipe|Party Appetizer|Corn Chaat Bhel
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup Boiled Sweet Corn
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper/capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato (deseeded) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sev/Mixed Farsan/Bhujia
- 1/2 cup Fried Boondi
- 1 tablespoon mint chutney
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt/kala namak
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl add all above ingredients and Mix well.
- Garnish with extra coriander leaves and some more farsan/sev
- Corn Bhel is ready to be served with tea .
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.