This 10 minute easy and healthy chocolate avocado mousse is so creamy and delicious that it’s actually hard to believe avocados in this recipe and also is vegan, paleo, gluten free, and you can also make a low carb or keto avocado chocolate pudding version.
Avocados are loaded with mono-saturated fatty acids which are good for a healthy heart. Besides, avocados are rich in potassium, fiber, antioxidants and many vitamins like B, K, C and E.
INGREDIENTS USED FOR AVOCADO CHOCOLATE PUDDING:
Avocado:For smoother avocado mousse use ripened avocados.But some people also experience stronger avocado flavor in this pudding on using ripened avocados.
Cocoa Powder:I have used unsweetened cocoa powder.Always use good quality cocoa or cacoa powder for the dessert.
Melted Chocolate chips:I have used sugar free chocolate chips ,but can also use Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Bar.If you are not on Keto then use semi-sweetened chocolate chips.
Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container and microwave till they melt.If you cant find chocolate chips then replace with same quantity of regular cocoa powder.
Milk: I have used un-sweetened almond milk for vegan version of avocado chocolate mousse.You can use coconut milk or dairy milk too.
Sweetener:I have used Maple syrup ,but you can also add honey (if non-vegan) or powdered sugar or stevia(for Keto).
Vanilla extract:I have used pure natural vanilla extract.
HOW TO MAKE KETO FRIENDLY AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Use Unsweetened Almond milk or coconut milk if you are making low carb/keto avocado chocolate mousse.
- Try using sugar free chocolate chips or un-sweetened baking chocolate bar.
- For sweetener, try using stevia or Erythritol.
If you are on a Keto or Low Carb Diet.Checkout Keto Indian Food Recipes Collection.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE STEP BY STEP
Place avocado flesh, cocoa powder, melted chocolate chips , almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
Puree until completely smooth. The mixture will be thick and mousse-like.Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
Serve this healthy avocado mousse into dessert cups and top with fresh strawberries or chocolate flakes.
It’s even better if you refrigerate it for an hour before eating. So good!
CHECKOUT OTHER DESSERTS LIKE
I have adapted this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie Blog.
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk or dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey or stevia or powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- berries or chocolate flakes for garnish
- Place avocados flesh, cocoa powder, melted chocolate chips , almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor .
- Puree until completely smooth. The mixture texture will be thick and mousse-like.Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
- Serve the mousse into dessert cups and top with fresh strawberries or chocolate flakes.