This Guacamole Sandwich recipe is a delicious and easy to assemble breakfast sandwich made using avocado. Eat them grilled or serve them as a cold sandwich. People of all age groups relish this lip-smacking breakfast, snack recipe.
Guacamole is one of my favorite healthy dips made using riped mashed avocado, onions, cilantro, jalapeños, and other seasonings that I like to eat with tortilla chips. But when I have leftovers I use them the next day for making these yummy sandwiches for breakfast.
In this recipe, I have first toasted the bread and then spread the guacamole for making a sandwich. However, you can also spread guac, sprinkle some cheese on top (optional), and then grill to make these yummy grilled guacamole sandwiches.
This sandwich tastes great without toasting too. Sometimes, I eat it just like that for my breakfast or evening snacks with a cup of Tea. Check out my all-time favorite Spinach Corn Sandwich recipe which is popular in our family.
So, next time, do give this Sandwich recipe a try for your breakfast or snack and I can assure your kid will eat this delicious sandwich without a fuss.
Avocado Sandwich Ingredients
Making an avocado breakfast sandwich recipe requires very few ingredients
- Brown or White Bread Slices - I prefer whole wheat or multigrain bread for a healthier option.
- Guacamole dip - Store-bought or homemade guacamole
- Seasonings - Used salt and pepper. I also like to add Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning in this avocado sandwich.
How to make Guacamole Sandwich
Preparing the Guacamole
In a mixing bowl, use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados till you get your desired consistency. I like mine to be a little chunky.
Add in the onions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and mix until well combined.
Note: If adding tomatoes, add them at the very end since they release moisture.
Grease a tawa over a medium high heat. Toast the bread slices on both sides with some butter or oil, till they turn golden brown and crisp.
Place the toasted bread on a serving plate.
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole over the slice of bread and then cover with another slice of bread.
Cut it in half, Serve guacamole sandwich immediately with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Serve with Masala french fries or a Salad and Soup for a filling meal.
- You can serve an avocado veggie sandwich with a milkshake for toddlers and kids and coffee or tea for adults as a breakfast or evening snack.
If you liked this, Checkout more Vegetarian Sandwich recipes below
- Spicy potato sandwich
- Chickpea avocado sandwich
- Paneer bhurji sandwich
- Veg mayonnaise sandwich
- Curd/Yogurt Sandwich
- Beetroot Carrot Sandwich
Guacamole Sandwich Recipe | How to make Guacamole Sandwich
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 3 medium avocados ripened
- ½ cup red onions finely chopped
- ½ large roma tomato seeds and pulp removed, chopped (optional)
- ½ large jalapeno finely chopped or serrano peppers
- cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 bread slices
- cheese optional
- 2-3 tablespoon butter or oil to toast
Preparing the Guacamole:
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados to your desired consistency.
- Add in the onions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper and mix until well combined.(If adding tomatoes, add them in the very end since they release moisture)
- Grease a tawa over a medium flame.Toast the bread on both sides with some butter or oil.till they become golden brown and crisp.
- Place the toasted bread on a serving plate.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole over the slice of bread and then cover with another slice of bread.
- Cut it in half, Serve immediately with a cup of tea/coffee.