Mexican Style Golgappa with Fruit Pani|Pani Puri Mexican Style is a indo-mexican fusion twist on famous Indian classic street food pani puri.This is great party appetizer.
Golgappa (also known as pani puri) is a popular bite-size street style chaat consisting of a hollow, crispy-fried puffed ball that is filled with cubed potato, chickpeas, onions, spices ,flavored water usually combination of tamarind and mint and sev.
This is the most popular Indian street food and loved by everyone whether kids or adults. You will find many thela or street vendors in every area of the city in India.
Today i am sharing indo-mexican fusion style golgappa Avocado Salsa stuffed inside crispy puri.Instead of traditionally flavored mint/pudina pani ,i am sharing fruit pani made with orange juice and spices.It is very simple to assemble and one can easily find puffed puri at any Indian grocery store or prepare at home with this recipe.Other Chat recipes are bhel puri chaat ,corn bhel, dahi papdi chaat etc.
Difference Between Golgappa ,Pani puri and Puchhka?
They are all made with round semolina puris but the difference is with what goes inside(stuffing) the puri. It’s commonly called pani puri in mumbai ,golgappa in the north and puchhka in the north east.
Tips & Variations to Make Mexican Style Golgappa with Fruit Pani
- Make sure to use ripened avocados also known as butter fruit in india.
- Dont forget to add lime juice to avocado salsa ,helps them from browning.
- Fruit Pani made with homemade orange juice tastes better than store brought juice.
- Always prepare the pani few hours before and keep it chilled in the refrigerator Or use the chilled water to make the pani water.
- I have added chopped mint and coriander into the pani,if you dont like it coming to your mouth then blend it with the pani.
- You can also use traditional pudina/mint pani (khatta meetha pani) for this recipe tastes equally good.
- Another variation is you can replace orange juice with pineapple juice.
- If you dont have pani puri powder add more of cumin(jeera) powder and chat masala powder.
- You can eat these avocado salsa stuffed puri’s without pani as well.
How to Make Mexican Style Golgappa with Fruit Pani
Prepare the Stuffing(Avocado Salsa):
Take ripened avocados, cut into half and scoop the pulp into a wide bowl.Add lime juice and salt and mash well with a fork.
Add all remaining ingredients tomato, onions, boiled corn, green chillies ,cilantro ,chat masala and mix well.Avocado Salsa is ready.
For Fruit Pani:
Take orange juice in a bowl.Add all above ingredients like roasted cumin(jeera) powder, red chilli powder, black salt, chat masala powder, pani puri powder, chopped mint and coriander and mix together well.Orange Pani is ready.Adding chopped mint and coriander is optional.
Assemble puri in a serving plate.Crack the top of puri with a spoon.
Add spoonful of avocado mixture into each puri.Serve it with pani.
You can also try my other snack recipes like
Mexican Style Golgappa with Fruit Pani|Pani Puri Mexican Style Recipe Video
Mexican Style Golgappa with Fruit Pani|Pani Puri Mexican Style Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Mexican Style Golgappa with Fruit Pani|Pani Puri Mexican Style is a indo-mexican fusion twist on famous Indian classic street food pani puri.
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 2 medium Avocados/Butterfruit diced and mashed
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes (deseeded)
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled Sweet Corn
- 1 teaspoon Jalapeño/green chili
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Chat Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 cups Orange juice tastes better if homemade orange juice used
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder/jeera powder
- 2 teaspoon Paani puri masala
- 1 tablespoon Pudina/mint chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoon coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Amchur powder/dry mango powde
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt/kala namak
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 25-30 puris
- tamarind chutney optional
- take ripened avocados,cut into half and scoop the pulp into a wide bowl.
- add lime juice and salt and mash well with a fork
- add all remaining ingredients and mix well
- avocado salsa is ready
- take orange juice in a bowl
- add all above ingredients and mix well
- orange pani is ready.
- assemble puri in a serving plate
- crack the top of puri with a spoon.
- add spoonful of avocado mixture into each puri.
- serve it with pani
1. Adding lime juice to avocado prevents browning of fruit
2. You can replace orange with pineapple/raw mango/black grapes to make pani
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes