This Oregano Seasoning or Pizza and Pasta seasoning recipe is a copycat version of Dominos oregano seasoning mix provided in the sachets with its pizza. Now you can make your own spice mix at home in less than 10 minutes.
When we lived in Bangalore, Dominos Pizza was our favorite pizza go-to place. We almost went there every week and my favorite dishes were stuffed garlic bread, pizza's off-course, and choco lava cake.
This seasoning is one of the main ingredients for flavoring in dominos pizzas or garlic bread. It is very easy to make at home with few ingredients, so I usually make a small batch to make my favorite stuffed garlic bread.
Is Dominos Oregano Seasoning same as Oregano Spice?
The answer is no, Oregano is a Mediterranean herb that is used for cooking and medicinal purposes whereas Dominos Oregano Seasoning is a special seasoning prepared using a mix of different herbs by Dominos Restaurant.
How to make Oregano Seasoning?
Firstly, In a Mortar & Pestle or blender mix all ingredients mentioned in the ingredients section
Make sure the motor & pestle you are using is completely dry.
Then coarsely grind the spice mixture with hand. (This is an optional step but it helps in giving a smooth texture to the seasoning)
Store it in an air-tight container so that it can be used later. Dominos oregano seasoning recipe can also be refrigerated for longer shelf life.
Tips & Variations
- You can replace chili flakes with red chili powder. I used chili flakes.
- You can store up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
- If you don't have a mortar and pestle, use a blender to crush the spices.
- This oregano seasoning goes quite well with pizza, pasta, stuffed garlic bread and also sandwiches.
Also, Checkout my other Snack Recipes
- Vegetable Rice Cutlet
- Cabbage Pakoda
- Sweet Corn Pakoda
- Beetroot Cutlet/Tikki
- Makhana Chivda
- Paneer Fingers
- Papdi Pizza
Dominos Oregano Seasoning Recipe | Pizza Pasta Seasoning
- In a Motar & pestle or blender mix all ingredients mentioned in the ingredients section.Make sure the Motar & pestle you are using is completely dry
- Then coarsely grind the spice mixture with hand. (This is an optional step but it helps in giving a smooth texture to the seasoning)
- Store it in an air-tight container so that it can be used later.It can be refrigerated for longer shelf life.
- You can replace Chili Flakes with Red chili powder. I used Chili Flakes.
- You can store up to 2 month in refrigerator.
- This oregano seasoning can be used for Pizza, pasta, stuffed garlic bread, garlic bread etc.