Looking for easy, healthy vegetarian Tofu Recipes with an Indian twist to make in your Instant Pot or Stovetop? Here is my collection of delicious Indian tofu recipes, including appetizers, curries, stir-fries, and paratha, that you can incorporate into your meals. Keto, or Low carb, vegan and gluten-free recipes.
A vegetarian diet has been on your mind? What about taking it a step further and switching to a vegan diet? Veganism is a style of vegetarianism that forbids the use of dairy, eggs, meat, and other goods derived from animals.
Being vegan is now seen as more of a lifestyle choice than a diet. A vegan diet consists mostly of plants and products manufactured from plants, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, and other plant-based meals. Besides these ingredients, there’s one ingredient that is loved by all and is also very versatile. Yes, we are talking about tofu.
- What Is Tofu?
- Health Benefits Of Tofu
- Indian Tofu Recipes
- Tandoori Tofu Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill/ Tawa
- Tofu-Onion Pakora
- Tofu Bhurji Recipe
- Palak Tofu (Spinach Tofu Curry)
- Tofu Tikka Masala
- Tofu Paratha Recipe
- Tofu in Other Cuisines
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Thai Red Curry with Vegetables - Instant Pot & Stovetop
- Thai Panang curry - Instant Pot
- Also check these Veggie Recipe Collections
- Indian Tofu Recipes
What Is Tofu?
The vegan alternative to cottage cheese, tofu, is created by coagulating soy milk. Tofu is similar to its dairy equivalent, paneer, and is said to have originated in ancient China some 2000 years ago. It is commonly used in Asian cuisines and also other cuisines, including American, Mexican, Indian, and Mediterranean.
Tofu is quite popular among vegans who avoid or consume dairy products such as milk, cream, and eggs, as well as any product produced from animal/animal skin.
Many of us are thus left wondering how to meet our bodies' nutritional requirements in the absence of protein-rich dairy products, which brings us to the topic of how tofu is brimming with health advantages. Here, we'll discover more about its advantages.
Health Benefits Of Tofu
- Tofu is a great food for vegans since it is low in calories and high in protein.
- Tofu's soy milk is also well recognized for providing benefits for women, especially during menopause, when it can help with certain symptoms.
- In addition to being abundant in micronutrients, several types of research indicate that it aids in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL).
- This vegan food is also a fantastic source of amino acids, calcium, and iron.
- Tofu includes numerous anti-inflammatory and antioxidant phytochemicals, making it an excellent anti-inflammatory food.
Indian Tofu Recipes
Let's explore some of the popular tofu recipes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Tandoori Tofu Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill/ Tawa
Tofu Bhurji Recipe
Palak Tofu (Spinach Tofu Curry)
Tofu Tikka Masala
Tofu Paratha Recipe
Tofu in Other Cuisines
Air Fryer Tofu
Thai Red Curry with Vegetables - Instant Pot & Stovetop
Thai Panang curry - Instant Pot
Also check these Veggie Recipe Collections
- Paneer Recipes
- Spinach Recipes (Palak recipes)
- Potato Recipes
- Cabbage Recipes
- Cauliflower Recipes (Gobi Recipes)
- Broccoli Recipes
- Beetroot Recipes
If you’ve tried this easy Indian tofu recipes or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Leave a Reply