Kids Lunch boxes, are those, that often require a lot of thought and planning that needs to go into it. We like our children to eat the food they like and yet be healthy at the same time. So here is a simple lunch box of tomato rice with some carrot raita and grapes which is healthy and can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #13 – Tomato Rice using Coconut Milk + Carrot Raita + Red Grapes
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Tomato Rice using Coconut Milk – Please find the Detailed Recipe Here .I have followed same recipe but added 1/2 cup of peas to the recipe.If you dont have coconut milk ,you can skip it.I try avoiding using store brought coconut milk since it has preservatives.I made this recipe in Instant Pot (Pressure cooker).
SNACK – Carrot Raita – simple yogurt(curd) made with salt ,pepper, cumin (jeera) powder and grated or minced carrot.Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt raita can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
SNACK – Red Grapes – Wash it before packing into the box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare coconut milk in the night.Blend together 1/2 cup of shredded coconut with 1 cup of water.Drain the mixture and it yields 1/2 cup of coconut milk.Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt raita can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.