Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #6 - Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Mini Paneer Uttapam + Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Palak Chapati - are made by many moms to sneak in nutrition and are a popular Indian recipe for toddlers and kids. Your little one will enjoy eating colorful chapati. My daughter says them green chapati 🙂 and she loves it. Regular use of spinach helps us to prevent iron deficiency and boosts our immunity.
Palak Chapati (Spinach Chapati)
- Take wheat flour, salt, spinach puree and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Knead together to make a dough.i dint use extra water to knead as spinach puree was sufficient to make a soft dough.
- Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll it thinly.Also cut into desired shapes to make it more attractive.
- Cook it on both sides on a hot tawa and spread some ghee on top.
Lunch - Jeera Aloo Subji is one of those dishes you prepare when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen and still want to eat something delicious. Since I had boiled potato the previous night I made this subji in 5 minutes.
How to Prepare
- Cut 1 medium sized boiled aloo/potato into cubes.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add jeera let it splutter then add hing, turmeric powder, redchilli powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder, salt and quickly add boiled potatoes and stir carefully till the masala covers all the potato cubes well.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped coriander.
SNACK - Orange (Peeled orange and packed orange slices )
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare palak/spinach dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- Boil the potatoes in the night which helps to make aloo jeera next day in few minutes.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Try to pack seasonal fruits into the box.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.