Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #28 - Ajwain Paratha + Paneer Bhurji + Carrot & Cucumber
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Ajwain Paratha - Here the detailed Ajwain Paratha Recipe Link
- In a bowl add wheat flour ,oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add some water and keep kneading till you get the smooth dough. Dough should be tight and firm (not soft). Rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Make balls from the dough. I was able to get 6 balls.
- Roll the parathas to 3 inch diameter circle using chapati roller.Then spread little oil or ghee on it using a spoon or brush.I prefer using ghee.Sprinkle some salt, red chilli powder ,ajwain & wheat flour evenly.Or you can also use your finger and spread uniformly making sure all the spices are nicely combined
- Fold from one side(from right) then other side covering the previous fold(from left).
- Again spread ghee and sprinkle some wheat flour.Again fold from top and bottom.It should look like a square.
- Then roll it to a slightly thick square shaped paratha.
- Heat up a tawa/skillet on medium heat and place the paratha and let it cook.Once you see bubbles ,press with a laddle it will puff up,flip on to other side drizzle some ghee or oil on top.
- Flip again and drizzle oil or ghee on the other side as well till they have nice golden spots on both sides.
- Serve ajwain paratha with curd, pickle, raita ,ketchup or any gravy of your choice.
Tips & Variations
- Use ghee to make parathas more flavorful, otherwise you can use oil too.
- These parathas tastes the best when eaten hot.
- You can also skip red chilli powder to make plain ajwain paratha.
- You can make this paratha in any preferable shape of your choice.
- If you are running out of time, simply knead everything together and make the parathas.
SNACK - Paneer Bhurji -Here the Paneer Bhurji Recipe Link
SNACK - Carrot & Cucumber - I just cut cucumber into circles and carrot into 2 inch sticks.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- You can crumble paneer in the night and store in refrigerator.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.