Spinach Corn Sandwich is a toasted/grilled sandwich recipe prepared with a creamy and cheesy filling made of spinach, sweet corn, flour, milk, and cheese. It is also flavored with garlic, pepper, Italian herbs, and red chili flakes. It is very easy to prepare and tastes better when served hot with tea or soup.
When I first tasted this sandwich in one of the Cafe Coffee Day in Bangalore, India. I wanted to try this cheesy spinach corn sandwich recipe at home and found the recipe on the internet and was able to personalize it according to my taste and preferences. It’s a wholesome snack with loads of spinach, sweet corn kernels cheese, and brown bread.
The spinach corn sandwich is one of the favorite lunch box recipe at our home and also convenient for me to make in less time. I usually make the spinach corn sandwich mixture previous night.
Also check my Kids Lunch Box Series Posts
How to Make Spinach Corn Sandwich
Firstly, heat butter and salute the garlic for 1 minute.
Add boiled sweet corn & spinach and saute till its cooked.
Add maida and mix well, then add cold (chilled) milk.
Cook well until it thickens, Approximately takes 3-4 minutes.
Then add processed cheese, red chili flakes, black pepper powder, salt & Italian seasoning and mix well.
Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
Spread creamy spinach corn mixture on one side of bread, add some more grated cheese on top.
Then cover with another slice of bread.
Either grill or toast the sandwich on both sides on tawa with some butter.
Spinach corn cheese sandwich is ready to serve.
Serve Palak corn sandwich with tomato ketchup or green chutney on the side. You can also serve with milkshake or soup for toddlers and kids and serve with coffee or tea for adults.
Tips & Variations
- Use brown or multigrain bread for healthier choices.
- You can also replace maida (all-purpose flour) with wheat flour or cornflour.
- Toast the bread on tawa or use a sandwich maker or grill to golden and crisp.
- Always add chilled/cold milk so you won’t get any lumps of the flour.
- I have used only mozzarella cheese for this recipe but the combination of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese can be used. If you do not have mozzarella cheese use processed cheese or grated paneer.
- You can also add onions while sauteing but this completely optional.
- If you are vegan skip mozzarella or use vegan cheese. Replace butter with oil.
- Add more or less spinach or cheese according to your preference for this palak corn sandwich.
More Sandwich Recipes from my blog
- Paneer bhurji sandwich
- Veg mayonnaise sandwich
- Beetroot Carrot Sandwich
- Curd/Yogurt Sandwich
- Fruit Sandwich
- Potato Sandwich
Spinach and Corn Sandwich Recipe
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Spinach (Palak) finely chopped
- ½ cup Boiled sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon maida (all purpose flour) OR cornflour
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella or processed cheese
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
for spinach corn sandwich:
- 6 no Bread slices
- Butter to spread
- shredded mozzarella or processed cheese
- Heat a pan.Add butter and let it melt. Add minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add boiled sweet corn & spinach and cook till it shrinks.
- Add flour (maida) and saute for 2 minutes, then add cold milk.
- Cook well until it thickens appx takes 3-4 minutes.
- Now add cheese, red chili flakes,Italian seasoning, black pepper powder ,salt and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.Creamy spinach corn mixture spread is ready.
- Spread creamy spinach corn mixture on one side of bread ,add some more grated cheese on top.Then cover with another slice of bread.
- Either grill or toast the sandwich on both sides on tawa with some butter.
- Serve it hot with green chutney or ketchup.
- I have used white bread here. You may use any bread of choice.
- You can use cheese slice if you do not mozzarella cheese.
- Spinach Corn mixture can be stored in refrigerator for a day or two and can be used to make sandwiches whenever needed.
OTHER RECIPE COLLECTIONS TO TRY FROM MY BLOG