This 10-minute easy and healthy chocolate avocado mousse is so creamy and delicious that it’s actually hard to believe avocados in this recipe. It is vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and you can also make a low-carb or keto avocado chocolate pudding version.
Avocados are loaded with mono-saturated fatty acids, which are good for a healthy heart. Besides, avocados are rich in potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and many vitamins like B, K, C, and E.
- Avocado: For the smoother avocado mousse, use ripened avocados. But some people also experience a stronger avocado flavor in this pudding by using ripened avocados.
- Cocoa Powder: I have used unsweetened cocoa powder. Always use good quality cocoa or cacao powder for the dessert.
- Melted Chocolate chips: I have used sugar-free chocolate chips, but I can also use Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Bar. If you are not on Keto, then use semi-sweetened chocolate chips. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container and microwave till they melt. If you can't find chocolate chips, then replace them with the same quantity of regular cocoa powder.
- Milk: I have used unsweetened almond milk for a vegan version of avocado chocolate mousse. You can also use coconut milk or dairy milk.
- Sweetener: I have used Maple syrup, but you can also add honey (if non-vegan), powdered sugar, or stevia (for Keto).
- Vanilla extract: I have used pure natural vanilla extract.
Keto-Friendly Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Use Unsweetened Almond milk or coconut milk if you are making low-carb/keto avocado chocolate mousse.
- Try using sugar-free chocolate chips or an unsweetened baking chocolate bar.
- For sweeteners, try using Stevia or Erythritol.
If you are on a Keto or Low Carb Diet, then check out Keto Indian Food Recipes Collection.
How to Make Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Place avocado flesh, cocoa powder, melted chocolate chips, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
Puree until completely smooth. The mixture will be thick and mousse-like. Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
Serve this healthy avocado mousse in dessert cups and top with either fresh strawberries or chocolate flakes.
It’s even better if you refrigerate it for an hour before eating. So good!
More Avocado Recipes
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Avocado Paratha
- Avocado Golgappa
- Guacamole Sandwich
More Dessert Recipes
I have adapted this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie Blog.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 large avocados ripened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ¼ cup chocolate chips melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk or dairy milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey or stevia or powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- berries or chocolate flakes for garnish
- Place avocados flesh, cocoa powder, melted chocolate chips , almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor .
- Puree until completely smooth. The mixture texture will be thick and mousse-like.Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
- Serve the mousse into dessert cups and top with fresh strawberries or chocolate flakes.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes. Looking for Instant Pot recipes, then check out my Instant Pot Recipes board on Pinterest.
Hi, thank you for this recipe 🙂 I am going to try it today for my little one. Looks interesting.
Bhavana Patil says
You are welcome Pooja, let me know how it turns out.
I just made this after having a craving for some chocolate. I've made 'avocado mousse' before, and this is by far the creamiest and most delicious. Thank you! *note: I didn't have chocolate chips, so I doubled the cacao powder and added a bit of pure monk fruit extract*
Bhavana Patil says
That's fantastic Patricia, I am very happy to see such ecstatic comments 🙂 Thank you for taking out some time to try the recipe, and for sharing your feedback 🙂 Have a great day.