Carrot Rice Detailed Video is below
Carrot Rice Recipe Card
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250ml
- 2 cups,cooked basmati rice or any rice
- 1 cup,grated carrot
- 1/2 cup,finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup,boiled green peas
- 2-3 ,slit green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon,chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon,chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon,chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon,turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon,red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon,garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon,sambhar powder
- 1/2 inch,dal chini/cinnamon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- A few Curry leaves
- A few Cashew nuts
- a pinch,asafoetida/hing
- 1 tablespoon,oil/ghee
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil/ghee in a kadai. Add mustard, cumin seeds,mixed spices,hing,curry leaves,green chilli and cashewnut.
- Once the mustard seeds start splattering, add onions,ginger and garlic.
- Once the onions are cooked , add grated carrot,boiled green peas and saute it for few minutes. And then add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder,garam masala, sambar powder.
- Once carrots are cooked,turn off the stove and add cooked rice and mix it well.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves & serve hot with raita.
- 1.You can also use sweet corn instead of peas.
- 2.You can skip sambhar powder and add 1/2 teaspoon of jeera and coriander powder each.
- 3.You can also add finely chopped carrot instead of grated carrot
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/