Collection of over 20+ quick and easy Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables recipes that can be a perfect veg side dish for your next busy weeknight or holiday dinners. From sweet potato fries to carrot fries, from cauliflower, green beans, or potatoes here is your ultimate guide to roasting vegetables in the air fryer.
If you’re wondering what to make for dinner in the air fryer, you’ve come to the right place. These crisp roasted vegetable recipes in the air fryer are everything you want to eat, perfectly tender and packed with so much flavor.
An Air fryer is an amazing kitchen appliance that can air fry, roast, bake, broil, dehydrate and reheat foods. It works by circulating hot air around the food, allowing the use of little oil and still getting crispy food. You can cook from fresh or frozen vegetables.
I used my Instant Vortex Plus 6 Quart Air Fryer for this recipe. I love this because you can get the food in a single layer all at once and dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less. Any brand of air fryer like Cosori 5.8QT, Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Duo Crisp works here.
Why You Should Roast Your Veggies in the Air Fryer
One of my favorite ways to use an air fryer at home is roasting veggies!
- Cooks faster than the oven (almost less than half the time of roasting in the oven).
- Healthy, crisps to perfection with 95% less oil.
- Easy to clean up.
These are perfect for the holidays, too. Also, check out Indian Party Menu Ideas if you plan to host an event at your home.
Here are 20+ Easy Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetable Medley
Tips for Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- Cut veggies of the same size: Cut the veggies about the same size, this helps for quick and even cooking.
- Work in batches: Make sure to spread the vegetables in a single layer in the air fryer basket leaving some space between each other to avoid uneven cooking. Don’t overcrowd. Cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the basket halfway: It's important to shake the basket halfway through to allow the veggies to be cooked evenly.
- Frozen Veggies: if using frozen veggies, add extra few minutes to the cooking time which includes the time required to thaw the vegetables during the cooking process. Also, make sure not to overcrowd the frozen veggies in the basket so it allows the water to evaporate making the veggies crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Air fryers require less oil to cook foods than deep-fried ones. It cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has less fat.
Air-fried vegetables lose fewer nutrients compared to any other method of cooking.
Yes, you can air fry most of the vegetables without oil. However, you may want to add a little oil along with seasonings to crisp up the vegetables even better. Also, make sure to shake the basket a few extra times to prevent sticking if cooking without oil.
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, hence it's not designed for steaming vegetables. However, you can add very little water to the outer basket, and the food to be cooked in the inner basket. This step helps veggies to retain moisture. However, I highly recommend using Instant Pot for steaming the veggies.
Serve air-fried vegetables by themselves as an appetizer for a potluck or party. For Dinner, serve it as a side dish with the main course.
Air Fryer Vegetables
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1 cup Broccoli
- ½ cup Zucchini cut into ½" moons
- ½ cup Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Red Onion
- Cut the vegetables roughly the same size for even cooking.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a medium bowl. Add olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss them well, so they are all coated with the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F (193°C). Add the seasoned vegetables to the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer (cook in batches if required). Spray some oil on top if required.
- Air fryer them at 380°F (193°C) for 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown and crisp. Shake the basket halfway through. Mine was cooked perfectly in 10 minutes.
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables are ready. Remove in a serving plate, squeeze some lime juice and serve it immediately with a tasty dipping sauce on the side.