Edamame Corn Salad is a delicious and nutritious recipe, made with protein-rich edamame beans, sweet corn kernels, a medley of fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, and lemon dressing. Enjoy it as a light meal or a side dish.
Salads are prepared using a range of fresh ingredients and are nutritious and revitalizing foods. A tasty and healthy dish, edamame corn salad is made with protein-rich beans, sweet corn kernels, a variety of fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, and lemon vinaigrette. Eat it as a side dish or a light supper.
Benefits Of Edamame
- Edamame is a great source of protein that helps build muscles.
- It is also high in fiber, making you feel full and satisfied for longer.
- This veggie is also rich in essential Vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin K, Vitamin C, folate, and iron.
Ingredients for Edamame Corn Salad
There is a list of ingredients required to make an Edamame Corn Salad recipe.
- Edamame Beans: I used 1 cup of frozen shelled edamame beans. It's easily available in the frozen section of Trader Joe's, Sprouts, or Safeway.
- Corn: I used 1 cup of frozen sweet corn, which I boiled further. You can also use corn cut from the boiled corn on the cob.
- Onion: red onion works best in salads, so that’s what I used.
- Bell Pepper: I used red bell pepper, feel free to use any variety.
- Spring Onions: Optional. I used the green part of spring onions.
- Herbs: I used cilantro, but feel free to use parsley or other fresh herbs you have.
- Olive oil: Extra virgin works best.
- Garlic: I have used fresh minced garlic.
- Lemon juice: I used the freshly squeezed juice of one whole lemon. Feel free to increase or decrease according to your preference.
- Seasoning: salt, cumin powder, freshly ground black pepper.
- Sweetener: Optional, adds a nice taste. I used maple syrup. You can use any sweetener of your choice, like refined sugar, honey, agave, etc.
How to Make Edamame Corn Salad
Whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, maple syrup, cumin powder, salt, and pepper in a glass jar to make the dressing.
In a large mixing bowl, place all the salad ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients.
Toss gently to combine.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
What to Serve with Edamame Salad?
Meal Prep and Storage
- Make-Ahead: You can boil or steam the shelled edamame and sweet corn, and prep the veggies and herbs the night before serving. Mix the salad ingredients with the dressing when you are ready to serve.
- Storage: Leftover edamame salad will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days when stored in an airtight container or mason jar.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Other Veggies: add hearty veggies of your choice, like roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash, carrot, and lettuce.
- Other fresh herbs: You can also try using fresh parsley, mint, or dill.
- Add some diced avocado: Avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats. Add it right before serving to prevent them from browning.
- Protein: Edamame is high in protein, You can also add some sauteed tofu, paneer, or beans to increase the protein intake.
- Make it Spicier: add freshly chopped jalapeño pepper or red chili flakes.
- Add nuts: Add toasted almonds, pecans, or walnuts for some nice crunch.
- Oil-Free: make this oil-free edamame salad by skipping oil to the dressing. It still tastes delicious!
More Salad Recipes
- Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Chickpea Salad with Yogurt dressing
- Boiled Peanut Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Chickpea Cucumber Salad
- Lentil Salad
- Carrot Beetroot Salad
If you’ve tried this healthy edamame corn salad with lemon dressing recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Edamame Corn Salad
- 1 cup shelled edamame frozen
- 1 cup sweet corn frozen
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup red onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green spring onions
- ¼ cup coriander leaves chopped
- Whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, maple syrup, cumin powder, salt, and pepper in a glass jar to make the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all the salad ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.