Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #17 – Chole & Jeera Rice + Cucumber-Carrot Salad + Kale Chips
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Chole & Jeera Rice –
Here is the Recipe Link for Chole Masala (Chickpea Masala)
Here is the Recipe Link for Jeera Rice (Cumin Rice) .I have used pressure cooker (Instant Pot) to make jeera rice.When i pack jeera rice for my kids box i just hand pick whole spices like cinnamon ,cardamom so that it doesnt come into mouth while eating.
SNACK – Cucumber-Carrot Salad – I just mixed together grated carrot with some finely chopped cucumber and sprinkled some salt , pepper and lime juice.
SNACK – Kale Chips – I got these from Costco and are healthy variety of chips.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- Soak Chickpeas|Chole|Channa previous night.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.