KIDS LUNCH BOX #51 – Beetroot Carrot Sandwich + Peri Peri Makhana + Orange
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Masala Rice + Lauki Raita + Broccoli Smileys
- Makhana Paratha + Potato Sagu + Mixed Nuts
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Butternut Squash Pasta + Dry Grapes + Orange
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
Tried this recipe?Don’t forget to give a ★ rating below
Beetroot Carrot Sandwich
Beetroot Carrot Sandwich is a simple, colorful, delicious take on healthy food loaded with freshly grated beetroot, carrot and cream cheese spread
For Sandwich Spread:
- 6 bread slices
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Peel and grate the beetroot and carrot. Keep aside.
- Take grated beetroot, carrot, cream cheese spread, black pepper powder, Italian seasoning, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well and keep aside. Note: Add more cream cheese if you desire.
- Take bread slices, apply some butter first, and then spread beetroot carrot cheese mixture generously on one slice of the bread. Cover and press with another bread slice over it.
- Heat Tawa or sandwich maker, add butter. Now place the prepared sandwich and spread butter on top.
- Grill or toast bread on both sides till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve sandwiches hot with tomato ketchup.
Tips & Variations:
- Use brown or multigrain bread for healthier choices.
- You can also add colored bell pepper, shredded cabbage, or lettuce.
- If you don't have cream cheese, you can replace it with hung curd or mayonnaise.
- Grilling or toasting a sandwich is optional, so to make a cold curd sandwich, follow the same steps and skip grill or toasting the sandwich.
- Toast the bread on tawa or use a sandwich maker or grill to roast golden and crisp.
- You can use oil instead of butter if you wish to.
Calories: 356kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 13gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 671mgPotassium: 550mgFiber: 7gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 5422IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 193mgIron: 4mg
SNACK – Orange
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can grate beetroot and carrot the previous night and refrigerate.
- The peri peri makhana can be made in advance and stored in an airtight jar. Stays fresh for 6-7 days.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.