Beetroot Raita recipe is an easy, healthy, no-cook colorful looking raita recipe made with yogurt (curd), grated raw beets, and spices. Beet Raita can be served with Vegetable Pulao, Veg Biryani, or any rice.
Healthy benefits of Beetroot
Beets are an excellent source of folate, manganese, potassium, and copper. They are also a known source of magnesium, phosphorous, vitamin C, iron, vitamin B 6, and dietary fiber. They are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
I have posted some more Indian Beetroot Recipes in my blog like Beetroot rice, Beetroot Kurma, Beetroot Kurma, Beetroot Cutlet, Beetroot Chickpea Stir fry, Beetroot Halwa, Beetroot Carrot Sandwich, Beetroot Paratha.
How to make Beetroot Raita
Peel the raw beetroot and grate them. Keep aside
Whisk curd until smooth. Add all the ingredients one by one and mix well.
The healthy Beetroot or beet raita recipe is ready. Serve chilled.
Tips & Variations
- Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour. If you are using fresh yogurt, then skip it.
- Refrigerate beetroot raita until serving time.
- You can also add grated carrots along with beetroot.
- For a slight variation, you can finely chop the beets and cook them till tender and then mix them with the yogurt.
- You can also add finely chopped mint (pudina) instead of coriander leaves.
More Raita recipes
Beetroot Raita Recipe
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 cups curd (yogurt)
- 1 cup raw beetroot grated
- 1-2 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro) finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chillies finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon jeera powder(cumin powder) roasted
- salt as per taste
- Whisk curd until smooth.Add all the ingredients one by one and Mix well.
- Beetroot raita is ready.serve chilled.
Tips & Variations
- Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour.If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
- Refrigerate raita until serving time.
- You can also add grated carrot along with beetroot.
- You can also add finely chopped mint(pudina) instead of coriander leaves.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you If you make this recipe, please share your food photo with hashtag #indianveggiedelight on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you ♥
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.
Leave a Reply