HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEETROOT
Beets are excellent source of folate, manganese, potassium, and copper. They are also a known source of magnesium, phosphorous, vitamin C, iron, vitamin B 6, and dietary fiber. They are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
I have posted some more beetroot recipes in my blog like Beetroot rice ,Beetroot Kurma, Beetroot Kurma ,Beetroot Cutlet ,Beetroot Chickpea Stir fry,Beetroot Halwa,Beetroot Carrot Sandwich,Beetroot Paratha.
TIPS & VARIATIONS
1. Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour.If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
2.Refrigerate beetroot raita until serving time.
3.You can also add grated carrot along with beetroot.
4.For slight variation ,you can finely chop the beets and cook them till tender and then mix with the yogurt.
5. You can also add finely chopped mint(pudina) instead of coriander leaves.
HOW TO MAKE BEETROOT RAITA STEP BY STEP
Peel the raw beetroot and grate them.Keep aside
Whisk curd until smooth.Add all the ingredients one by one and Mix well.
Beetroot or beet raita recipe is ready.Serve chilled.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE MY OTHER RAITA RECIPES
BEETROOT RAITA RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 cups curd (yogurt)
- 1 cup raw beetroot ,grated
- 1-2 tablespoon onion ,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro) ,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chillies ,finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted jeera powder(cumin powder)
- salt as per taste
- Whisk curd until smooth.Add all the ingredients one by one and Mix well.
- Beetroot raita is ready.serve chilled.
TIPS & VARIATIONS
- Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour.If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
- Refrigerate raita until serving time.
- You can also add grated carrot along with beetroot.
- You can also add finely chopped mint(pudina) instead of coriander leaves.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.