Popular Bangalore Street food, made by topping tomato slices with a mix of sweet and spicy chutneys ,carrot ,onion and topped off with puffed rice ,sev and masala peanuts.It is nutritious, healthy and a good time pass snack for those lengthy chit chats.
For street chaat lovers tomato slice chat is one of the very popular chats in Bangalore [Karnataka].Here you’ll find some unusual chaats which are popular in Karnataka but not known to many outside.Other popular chaats that you can find in a bhelpuri Gadi /stall in every street corner are pani puri, masala puri, nippat masala ,boti masala ,bele masala, pineapple masala, cucumber chaat. All these are very easy to make, healthy and definitely satisfy your cravings. If you have the green chutney and sweet chutney is in the freezer you can prepare this chaat in minutes.
You can also try other Karnataka recipes like
- Girmit|Hubli-Dharward Style Girmit Recipe
- Nargis Mandakki |Davangere Special Puffed Rice
- Masala Puffed Rice|Spicy Garlic Puffed Rice
- Karnataka Style Mandakki Usli Recipe|Puffed Rice Upma
Tomato Slice Chaat Recipe Card Below
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Popular Bangalore Street food, made by topping tomato slices with a mix of sweet and spicy chutneys ,carrot ,onion and topped off with puffed rice ,sev and masala peanuts
- 1 firm Roma Tomato
- 2 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves or cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon mint coriander chutney
- 2 tablespoon sweet tamarind chutney
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon sev
- 1/4-1/2 cup Puffed rice (mandakki or puri)
- 2 tablespoon congress kadlekai (masala peanuts)
- salt to taste
- chaat masala to taste
Grate the carrot and finely chop the onions, coriander leaves , mix them together and keep them aside.
Cut the tomato into slices (round discs) about 3mm thick.Place these slices next to each other on a serving plate.
Sprinkle salt, chaat masala powder over the tomato slices well.
Apply green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney on each tomato slices generously.
Top it with chopped onions ,grated carrot and coriander mixture on each slice of the tomatoes.Also sprinkle some lime juice over the slices.
Generously sprinkle sev & puffed rice.
Top it with Congress Kadlekai (masala peanuts karnataka style).
Serve immediately.Tomato Slice Chaat is ready to eat.Lift each tomato slice with all the masala over it and put into your mouth and enjoy with cup of masala tea.
- If you dont have congress kadlekai add roasted peanuts.
- You can adjust the quantity of ingredients according to your taste.
You can use bhel puri mix (spiced puffed rice) instead of the plain puffed rice.
- Since puffed rice has a tendency to soften when exposed to moisture, I suggest you add it only when you are ready to serve.
- The chutneys can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge. The Tamarin Chutney will last several weeks, while the Mint Coriander Chutney stays good for 2-3 days when refrigerated.