Avarekalu Upma Video Recipe Below
Avarekalu Upma Recipe Card
Avarekalu Upma|Avarekai Upittu
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup, Sooji Rava/Semolina( i used bansi rava)/cream of wheat
- 1 Medium sized Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 or 1 cup, Avarekai/Surti Papdi Lilva/field beans(boiled and cooked in salted water)
- 1 teaspoon, Vangi bath powder ( i used MTR brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon, mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon, cumin/jeera seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon, split urad dal
- 1 Green chilli, slit lengthwise
- 1 spring,Curry leaves
- a pinch,Hing/asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon,turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 teaspoon, Sugar (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoon, oil
- 1.5 cup,water
- 2 tablespoon,coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon,grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon,lime juice
- Salt as per taste
- Dry roast rava in a kadai until it turns golden brown and the raw smell disappears. Keep aside.
- Cook avarekai with salt water until it turns soft and keep aside.i used frozen avarekai ,so boiled for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat oil in kadai. Add mustard seeds, jeera,urad dal,hing, curry leaves, green chilli,saute for 10 secs.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till it turns brown.
- Add boiled avarekai,salt,turmeric powder,vangi bath powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 1.5 cups of water to the onions.
- After the water starts boiling, add roasted rava little by little. Stir continuously so that lumps are not formed.
- Cook covered for about 2-3 mins. Add lime juice,coriander leaves,grated coconut and mix well.
- Remove from stove and serve hot.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/