Looking for easy, healthy Vegetarian/Vegan Indian Pumpkin recipes to make in your Instant Pot or Stovetop? Here is my collection of 8+ best Vegetarian Winter Squash recipes from my blog. Vegan, Keto or Low carb and gluten-free recipes.
Looking for the pumpkin recipes? then you are at the right place. Today, I am sharing my 8+ easy pumpkin recipes, from soups to side dishes and desserts.
- What is Pumpkin?
- Health Benefits of Pumpkin?
- Check these Veggie Recipe Collections:
- 8+ Indian Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Thai Pumpkin Soup Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Sambar
- Yellow Pumpkin Raita (Kaddu ka Raita)
- Pumpkin Halwa Recipe (Pumpkin Pudding)
- Pumpkin Recipes Indian
What is Pumpkin?
Pumpkin is a type of winter squash that belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. It is also known as Kaddu in India. There are more than 150+ varieties of Pumpkin of every shape, color, and size that is used for both decoration and cooking.
They are quintessential fall, winter ingredient that is super versatile and easy to cook. They have a natural earthy sweet flavor that's great in both sweet and savory recipes. Yes, the skin, flesh, seeds, leaves, and flowers of pumpkins all are edible.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin?
Pumpkins are very healthy with a number of health benefits. They are full of essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, E, and B. Also rich in Beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant, which the body converts into Vitamin A. They are beneficial for controlling diabetes, keeping your heart healthy, and boosting your immune system.
One cup of cooked pumpkin (245 grams) contains - (Source)
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Carbs: 12 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin A: 245% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin C: 19% of the RDI
- Potassium: 16% of the RDI
- Copper: 11% of the RDI
- Manganese: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDI
- Iron: 8% of the RDI
- Small amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, folate, and several B vitamins.
Check these Veggie Recipe Collections:
- Butternut Squash Recipes
- Zucchini Recipes
- Potato Recipes
- Cabbage Recipes
- Paneer Recipes (Cottage Cheese Recipes)
- Broccoli Recipes
- Cauliflower Recipes (Gobi Recipes)
- Beetroot Recipes
8+ Indian Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes
Let’s look at the 8+ Indian Pumpkin Recipes, which will offer you various options.
DID YOU MAKE ANY OF THESE INDIAN PUMPKIN RECIPES?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW THEY TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW? SO WE CAN SEE IT AND OTHERS CAN ENJOY IT TOO! THANK YOU ♥
Pumpkin Recipes Indian
I hope you have found your favorite Indian pumpkin recipe to make. If you find anything missing from the list don't forget to comment below with your request.
This recipe collection list is only bound to grow more and more, as I cook more interesting recipes. So make sure, to bookmark this page by clicking the heart icon ❤️ on the right-hand side.
OTHER RECIPE COLLECTIONS TO TRY FROM MY BLOG
- 60+ Kids Healthy Lunch Box Recipes
- 60+ Indian Keto Recipes
- 25+ Instant Pot Indian Rice Recipes
- 8 Healthy Toddler Indian Breakfast Ideas
- 8+ Phool Makhana(Lotus Seeds) Recipes
- 10+ Paratha Recipes|Indian FlatBread Recipes
- 18+ Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup Recipes