Jhunka Vadi|Zunka Vadi|Jhunka Video Recipe
Jhunka Vadi|Zunka Vadi|Jhunka Recipe Card
Jhunka Vadi|Zunka Vadi|Jhunka
Jhunka Vadi Recipe is a traditional dish from North Karnataka and Maharashtra
Write a review
- 1 cup, Besan/Gram Flour (chick pea flour)
- 1 medium,Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic pods (finely chopped)
- 3-4 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon, Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon, Cumin/jeera seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon, Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon, Hing/Asafetida
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon Jaggery (more or less)
- 2 tablespoon,Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon, Coconut (fresh & grated)
- 1 teaspoon,sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 cups water
- Mix together besan/gram flour and water to make a smooth paste(lump free) and keep aside.
- Heat the nonstick sauce pan with oil, add mustard & cumin seeds.Allow them to splutter.
- Add garlic,green chilies, curry leaves,hing/asafoetida and saute for 30 secs.
- Add onions and fry till they turn light brown and tender.
- Add turmeric powder,tamarind juice ,jaggery & stir for few minutes(appx about 1-2 minutes).
- Add salt,besan mixture cook on low heat and stir continuous so there will be no lumps.
- Cook till mixture leaves sides of the pan and the besan mixture gets a shiny texture.
- Once Jhunka mixture has thickened ,turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to greased rectangular pan/tray and spread the mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle some fresh coconut and coriander leaves.Let it cool completely.
- Cut the mixture into square or diamond shapes.
- Jhunka Vadi is ready and can be served with Bhakri / chapati or just can be eaten as a snack.
- 1.When the jhunka starts to thicken make sure it don't stick to bottom. So keep on stirring.Also use thick bottom pan or Nonstick pan.
- 2.You can skip tamarind juice and replace with lemon juice.
- 3.You can make Vadi size of your choice.some prefer thin and some prefer thick.
- 4.You can also shallow fry the vadi and have it as a tea time snack.
- 5.Jhunka Vadi is famous for longer shelf life so this can be easily carried as travel food snack
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/