Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #21 - Drumstick Leaves Paratha + Aloo Gobi + Mixed Nuts
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Drumstick Leaves Paratha - Here is the detailed Recipe Link
Drumstick Leaves Paratha
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
- Pluck the drumstick leaves and measure about 1 cup. Take large vessel filled with water. Soak drumstick leaves in the water for 10-15 minutes. So all the dirt will settle down at the bottom and leaves will float on top. Now take out only leaves and lightly squeeze out the water. Then chop the drumstick leaves yields ½ cup .
- In a bowl add finely chopped drumstick leaves , ajwain, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, wheat flour ,oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add some water and keep kneading till you get the smooth dough. Dough should be tight and firm (not soft). DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA WATER. Moisture from the drumstick leaves are enough to make the dough.
- Make balls from the dough. I was able to get 6 balls.
- Roll the parathas semi thick/ thin by dusting some dry flour.
- Heat up a tawa/skillet on medium heat and place the paratha and let it cook.Once you see bubbles ,flip on to other side drizzle some ghee or oil on top.
- Flip again and drizzle oil or ghee on the other side as well till they have nice golden spots on both sides.
- Serve drumstick paratha with curd, pickle, raita ,ketchup or any gravy of your choice.
SNACK - Aloo Gobi - Here is the Recipe Link
SNACK - Mixed Nuts - In general, nuts are good sources of fat, fiber and protein.I have added walnuts ,almonds and pistachios.You can add any nuts of your choice and availability.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- You can also clean and cut cauliflower the previous evening.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.