Palak Paneer Paratha is an Indian Whole Wheat Flatbread prepared by kneading whole wheat flour & spinach puree together and stuffed with mixture of cottage cheese (paneer) which is flavored with Indian spices. It comes out very soft and is healthy. It is perfect for breakfast or kids lunch box.
I also have the recipe for Palak Paneer on this blog which is a famous Punjabi North Indian gravy dish made with Spinach and Indian cottage cheese and served with Indian flat bread like Chapati, Roti, Paratha, Naan or even Rice.
Spinach is a superfood. It is loaded with tons of nutrients, high levels of vitamins K and A, protein, iron and minerals.Paneer is a rich source of protein and thus, it is ideal for vegetarians.It fulfills your daily needs of calcium too. This helps your bones to grow faster and stronger.So this recipe is a good way of serving wholesome meal to your toddlers or kids.
Which flour is best to make Paratha?
What To Serve With Palak Paneer Paratha?
Palak Paneer Paratha can be served with raita and pickle.
Tips & Variations to Make Palak Paneer Paratha
- If you are vegan ,then skip ghee and butter and use any cooking oil.
- You can also add some chopped mint for extra flavor.
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese also can added to the paneer filling.
- Best if homemade paneer is used, since it will be softer than store brought.
- You can also add finely chopped onions to the paneer filling.
- If you have leftover paneer bhurji ,you can use as a filling for this paratha.
You can also try my other Paratha recipes like
Also check my Kids Lunch Box Series Posts
How to Make Palak Paneer Paratha
1.Wash the spinach and blend together with 1/4 cup of water to make spinach puree.
2.Take wheat flour, salt, spinach puree and oil in a bowl and mix well.
3.Add water and knead together to make a soft dough.Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
4.For the Paneer Filling mix all the ingredients listed for making the filling in a bowl.
5.Divide the dough into equal portions.
6.Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch diameter circle.
7.Keep 2-3 tbsp of filling in the centre of the circle and then bring the ends together.
8.Dust and roll gently to make a 6-8 inch diameter paratha.
9.Heat a griddle/tawa. Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
10.Apple oil or ghee and cook until nicely browned.
11.Serve hot with raita and pickle.
Palak Paneer Paratha Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
For the Spinach Dough:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (Chapati flour)
- 1 cup palak (spinach) puree (used 3 cups of baby spinach) – i dint blanch spinach in this recipe
- 1/2 cup water or as much needed to make a smooth soft dough
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Paneer filling:
- 1.25 cup grated paneer(about 200 gram)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 2 green chilles ,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds(jeera) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi(dry fenugreek leaves)
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Ghee or butter or oil to roast the paratha
- Wash the spinach and blend together with 1/4 cup of water to make spinach puree.
- Take wheat flour, salt, spinach puree and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and knead together to make a soft dough.Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- For the Paneer Filling mix all the ingredients listed for making the filling in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch diameter circle.
- Keep 2-3 tbsp of filling in the centre of the circle and then bring the ends together.
- Dust and roll gently to make a 6-8 inch diameter paratha.
- Heat a griddle/tawa. Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apple oil or ghee and cook until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle.