This Guacamole Sandwich recipe is a delicious and easy to assemble breakfast sandwich made using avocado. Eat them grilled or serve them as a cold sandwich. People of all age groups relish this lip-smacking breakfast snack recipe.
Guacamole is one of my favorite healthy dips made using riped mashed avocado, onions, cilantro, jalapeños, and other seasonings that I like to eat with tortilla chips. But when I have leftovers, I use them the next day to make these yummy sandwiches for breakfast.
I first toasted the bread in this recipe and then spread the guacamole to make a sandwich. However, you can also spread guac, sprinkle some cheese on top (optional), and grill to make these yummy grilled guacamole sandwiches.
This sandwich tastes great without toasting, too. Sometimes, I eat it just like that for my breakfast or evening snacks with a cup of tea. Check out my all-time favorite Spinach Corn Sandwich recipe, which is popular in our family.
So, next time, do give this Sandwich recipe a try for your breakfast or snack, and I can assure your kid will eat this delicious sandwich without a fuss.
Avocado Sandwich Ingredients
Making an avocado breakfast sandwich recipe requires very few ingredients.
- Brown or White Bread Slices - I prefer whole wheat or multigrain bread for a healthier option.
- Guacamole dip - Store-bought or homemade guacamole
- Seasonings - Used salt and pepper. I also like to add Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning to this avocado sandwich.
How to Make Guacamole Sandwich
Preparing the Guacamole
Use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados in a mixing bowl until you get your desired consistency. I like mine to be a little chunky.
Add in the onions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and mix until well combined.
Note: If adding tomatoes, add them at the very end since they release moisture.
Grease a tawa over medium-high heat. Toast the bread slices on both sides with some butter or oil till they turn golden brown and crisp.
Place the toasted bread on a serving plate.
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole over the slice of bread and then cover with another slice of bread.
Cut it in half. Serve a guacamole sandwich immediately with a cup of tea or coffee.
Serving Suggestions for Guacamole Sandwich
- Serve with Masala french fries or a Salad and Soup for a filling meal.
- You can serve an avocado veggie sandwich with a milkshake for toddlers, kids, and coffee or tea for adults as a breakfast or evening snack.
More Avocado Recipes
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Avocado Paratha
- Avocado Chutney Sandwich
- Mexican Style Golgappa with Avocados
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Spicy Potato Sandwich
- Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
- Paneer Bhurji Sandwich
- Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich
- Curd/Yogurt Sandwich
- Beetroot Carrot Sandwich
If you’ve tried this healthy guacamole sandwich recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Guacamole Sandwich Recipe | How to make Guacamole Sandwich
- 3 medium avocados ripened
- ½ cup red onions finely chopped
- ½ large roma tomato seeds and pulp removed, chopped (optional)
- ½ large jalapeno finely chopped or serrano peppers
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 bread slices
- cheese optional
- 2-3 tablespoon butter or oil to toast
Preparing the Guacamole:
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados to your desired consistency.
- Add in the onions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper and mix until well combined. (If adding tomatoes, add them in the very end since they release moisture)
- Grease a tawa over a medium flame. Toast the bread on both sides with some butter or oil till they become golden brown and crisp.
- Place the toasted bread on a serving plate.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole over the slice of bread and then cover with another slice of bread.
- Cut it in half, Serve immediately with a cup of tea/coffee.