Looking for Vegetarian/Vegan Keto Diet Indian Food Recipes to make in your Instant Pot or Stovetop? Here is my collection of 70+ Best Indian Keto or Low Carb Recipes from my blog.
You can also find a variety of other Indian vegetarian keto curries, breakfast, and dessert recipes.
- What is Ketogenic Diet?
- How does Keto Diet work?
- What foods should you strictly AVOID while on Keto?
- What foods to eat on Keto?
- How to follow an Indian Vegan Keto diet
- Low Carb/Keto Diet Indian Food Recipes
- Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Dosa (Almond Flour Keto Dosa)
- Cauliflower Upma (Keto Upma)
- Keto Poha (Cauliflower Poha)
- Keto Appetizers/Snacks
- Paneer Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill
- Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi
- Air Fryer Tandoori Broccoli
- Tandoori Tofu Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill/ Tawa
- Air Fryer Roasted Mushrooms
- Keto Curry Recipes
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala | Paneer Makhani
- Mushroom Masala (Instant Pot & Stovetop)
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry
- Indian Style Creamed Spinach
- Palak Tofu (Spinach Tofu Curry)
- Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
- Tofu Bhurji Recipe
- Bharwa Bhindi (Stuffed Okra)
- Instant Pot Palak Paneer Recipe (Pressure Cooker)
- Dahi Tadka Recipe (Spiced Yogurt Curry)
- Zucchini Sabzi (Indian Style Zucchini Stir Fry)
- Brussels Sprouts Sabji
- Broccoli Paneer Bhurji
- Lauki Ki Sabzi (Bottle Gourd Curry) - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Coconut Curry
- Paneer Bhurji Recipe
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry
- Cabbage Peas Stir Fry (Patta Gobi Matar)
- Broccoli Poriyal Recipe (Broccoli Stir Fry with Fresh Coconut)
- Zucchini Poriyal Recipe
- Butternut Squash Thoran
- Brussel Sprouts Poriyal
- Asparagus Poriyal
- Keto Soup & Salad Recipes
- Lauki Soup | Bottle Gourd Soup - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Broccoli Spinach Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Boiled Peanut Salad
- Broccoli Dill Salad Recipe
- Kakdi Koshimbir (Indian Cucumber Salad)
- Keto Lunch/Dinner Recipes
- How To Make Cauliflower Rice(2 Ways)
- Chia Seeds Curd Rice
- Keto Curd Rice Recipe (Cauliflower Curd Rice)
- Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice|Low Carb Recipe
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash
- Side Dishes/Condiments
- Keto Coconut Chutney
- Red Bell Pepper Chutney Recipe (Capsicum Chutney)
- Walnut Chutney|Side dish For Idli,Dosa
- Peanut Chutney Recipe
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Avocado Raita
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dip
- Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Dip
- Keto Juice & Smoothies
- Ash Gourd/Winter Melon Juice
- Watermelon Juice with Mint and Lime
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Keto Dessert Recipes
- Badam Halwa using Almond flour - Instant Pot
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 70+ Keto Indian Food Recipes
What is Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates - Source Wiki.
How does Keto Diet work?
The key with any keto diet is to trigger the process called ketosis. It's actually a process to force your body to utilize the excess fat as energy instead of carbohydrates.
On the contrary, the logic should be that anything high in fat or protein but low in carbs can be considered a keto food since that will trigger the ketosis process.
What foods should you strictly AVOID while on Keto?
- Legumes or Beans: chickpeas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans, etc.
- Root vegetables like potatoes, yam, sweet potatoes, carrots, beetroot, etc.
- Grains and Cereals like whole-wheat products like bread, pasta or crackers, rice, barley, millet, semolina, bulgur, oatmeal, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: all fruits, except avocado and moderate portions of berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Sugar or Sweeteners like carbonated drinks, sweets, fruit juice, pastries, smoothies, ice cream, candy, chocolates, jaggery, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave, dates, etc.
- Unhealthy Fats: processed vegetable oils, trans fat, etc.
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, or cocktails.
- Sugar-free diet foods: sugar-free chocolates, sweeteners, syrups, puddings, desserts, etc.
What foods to eat on Keto?
- Eggs: local, pastured, or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Low Carb Veggies: cauliflower, french beans, broccoli, mushrooms, bottle gourd, brinjals (eggplant), zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, green leaves like spinach, kale, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Butter and Cream: grass-fed butter, heavy cream, coconut cream. Peanut butter and almond butter are also good options.
- Cheese: unprocessed cheeses like mozzarella, cheddar, cottage cheese (paneer), goat, cream cheese, or, blue.
- Nuts and Seeds: almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
- Healthy Oils: extra virgin olive oil, clarified butter (ghee), coconut oil, and avocado oil
- Sweeteners: stevia, erythritol, xylitol, monk fruit
- Avocados: Whole avocados or homemade guacamole
- Condiments: salt, pepper, herbs, and Indian spices
How to follow an Indian Vegan Keto diet
Designing an Indian Keto diet plan for vegans may be a little complicated, but some options are still open.
Soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, nuts (almonds, walnuts, peanuts), and seeds (such as flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds) are good options to include in your diet, other than vegetables.
Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor, nutritionist, or dietician, so please don't take any of this as medical advice. One must only go on a Keto diet after consultation with an expert or doctor.
My husband tried the Keto diet for a considerable amount of time & his weight loss was very, very evident. Many of my friends asked what Indian food is, keto, So I wanted to document the recipes and share them. The collection below is the Keto diet for Indian vegetarians without eggs recipes.
There are many types of Keto diet, namely Strict (clean) keto, Dirty keto, and Lazy keto. So my husband followed the Lazy keto diet, which is a less restrictive option than a standard keto diet for tracking macronutrients. This could help someone lower their carbohydrate intake and potentially lose weight.
I have taken the liberty to share certain keto alternatives for some recipes shared below, which may not be completely keto compliant. This prevents people from getting overwhelmed when they switch to a Keto diet plan. This is left to the individual's preferred keto diet choice as we know there are multiple types of ketogenic diets available. So stick to what suits your diet plan.
I promise to keep updating this collection with more delicious recipes.
Low Carb/Keto Diet Indian Food Recipes
Let's have a look at the 70+ Easy Keto (Low Carb) Indian Vegetarian Food Recipes, which will give you a bit of flair for your keto diet.
Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Dosa (Almond Flour Keto Dosa)
Cauliflower Upma (Keto Upma)
Keto Poha (Cauliflower Poha)
Paneer Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill
Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi
Air Fryer Tandoori Broccoli
Tandoori Tofu Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill/ Tawa
Air Fryer Roasted Mushrooms
Keto Curry Recipes
Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala | Paneer Makhani
Mushroom Masala (Instant Pot & Stovetop)
Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry
Indian Style Creamed Spinach
Palak Tofu (Spinach Tofu Curry)
Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
Tofu Bhurji Recipe
Bharwa Bhindi (Stuffed Okra)
Instant Pot Palak Paneer Recipe (Pressure Cooker)
Dahi Tadka Recipe (Spiced Yogurt Curry)
Zucchini Sabzi (Indian Style Zucchini Stir Fry)
Brussels Sprouts Sabji
Broccoli Paneer Bhurji
Lauki Ki Sabzi (Bottle Gourd Curry) - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Coconut Curry
Paneer Bhurji Recipe
Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry
Cabbage Peas Stir Fry (Patta Gobi Matar)
Broccoli Poriyal Recipe (Broccoli Stir Fry with Fresh Coconut)
Zucchini Poriyal Recipe
Butternut Squash Thoran
Brussel Sprouts Poriyal
Keto Soup & Salad Recipes
Lauki Soup | Bottle Gourd Soup - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Soup
Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
Broccoli Spinach Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
Boiled Peanut Salad
Broccoli Dill Salad Recipe
Kakdi Koshimbir (Indian Cucumber Salad)
Keto Lunch/Dinner Recipes
How To Make Cauliflower Rice(2 Ways)
Chia Seeds Curd Rice
Keto Curd Rice Recipe (Cauliflower Curd Rice)
Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Fried Rice|Low Carb Recipe
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
Air Fryer Broccoli
Air Fryer Asparagus
Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash
Keto Coconut Chutney
Red Bell Pepper Chutney Recipe (Capsicum Chutney)
Walnut Chutney|Side dish For Idli,Dosa
Peanut Chutney Recipe
Green Tomato Chutney
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dip
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Greek Yogurt Dip
Keto Juice & Smoothies
Ash Gourd/Winter Melon Juice
Watermelon Juice with Mint and Lime
Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
Keto Dessert Recipes
Badam Halwa using Almond flour - Instant Pot
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Other Recipe Collections to Try from my blog
60+ Gluten-Free Indian Recipes
25+ Instant Pot Indian Rice Recipes
18+ Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup Recipes
12+ Instant Pot Indian Dessert Recipes
15+ Paratha Recipes|Indian FlatBread Recipes
10+ Easy & best Veg Sandwich Recipes Indian Style
Amit Chavan says
I would like to suggust my friends these article, thanks for it.
THANK YOU for creating this! dosa was awesome
You are welcome!glad you liked the dosa 🙂
Machu baheti says
Yes it was tasty
POOJA SETH says
I want some keto receipes.
Hi Pooja ..Please check this for more KETO/LOW CARB recipes https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/category/diet/keto-recipes/ ..Will be adding more soon.
George Methew says
This is truly a mind-blowing article and I get a lot of benefits from it.
Diet With Keto says
50 Of The Top Keto-Friendy Recipes Anyone Can Prepare In Just Minutes!
Checkout Here https://www.dietwithketo.com
Thank you.Your website looks good as well.
Hemp Protein Powder NZ says
I loved your blog and thanks for publishing this about keto Indian food recipes !! I am really happy to come across this exceptionally well written content. Thanks for sharing and look for more in future!! Keep doing this inspirational work and share with us.
Thank you for the kind words.
Bhavana Patil says
Thank you so much Anwita 🙂
Awesome recipes! What is the substitute for roti?
Bhavana Patil says
You can replace it with coconut flour roti or almond flour and coconut flour mix roti. I had few friends buying low carb coconut flour tortillas from sprouts grocery store. Hope this helps.
Superb article.... Thank you so much....
Bhavana Patil says
You are welcome 🙂
Dipak sarangi says
Great post. Really appreciate all your posts for new websites.
Bhavana Patil says
You are welcome Dipak
Thanks you for the recipe for keto I want to loose weight so I am trying to opt for keto.
Bhavana Patil says
Thank you Dani 🙂
You wrote this blog very well. Very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing this
Bhavana Patil says
You are welcome.
Bhavana Patil says