Looking for Vegetarian/Vegan Keto Diet Indian Food Recipes to make in your Instant Pot or Stovetop? Here is the my collection of 40+ Best Keto Indian Recipes from my blog.
- What is Ketogenic Diet?
- How does Keto Diet work?
- What foods should you strictly AVOID while on Keto?
- What foods to eat on Keto?
- How to follow an Indian Vegan Keto diet
- Keto Diet Indian Food Recipes
- Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Dosa (Almond Flour Keto Dosa)
- Cauliflower Upma (Keto Upma)
- Keto Poha (Cauliflower Poha)
- Keto Curry Recipes
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala | Paneer Makhani
- Mushroom Masala (Instant Pot & Stovetop)
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry
- Indian Style Creamed Spinach
- Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
- Tofu Bhurji
- Instant Pot Palak Paneer recipe (Pressure Cooker)
- Dahi Tadka Recipe (Spiced Yogurt Curry)
- Zucchini Sabzi (Indian Style Zucchini Stir Fry)
- Broccoli Paneer Bhurji
- Lauki Ki Sabji (Bottle Gourd Curry) - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Coconut Curry
- Paneer Bhurji Recipe
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry
- Cabbage Peas Stir Fry (Patta Gobi Matar)
- Broccoli Poriyal Recipe (Broccoli Stir Fry with Fresh Coconut)
- Zucchini Poriyal Recipe
- Butternut Squash Thoran
- Keto Soup & Salad Recipes
- Lauki Soup | Bottle Gourd Soup - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Broccoli Spinach Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Boiled Peanut Salad
- Broccoli Dill Salad Recipe
- Keto Lunch/Dinner Recipes
- How To Make Cauliflower Rice(2 Ways)
- Chia Seeds Curd Rice
- Keto Curd Rice Recipe (Cauliflower Curd Rice)
- Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice|Low Carb Recipe
- Side Dishes/Condiments
- Keto Coconut Chutney
- Red Bell Pepper Chutney Recipe (Capsicum Chutney)
- Walnut Chutney|Side dish For Idli,Dosa
- Peanut Chutney Recipe
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Keto Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Badam Halwa (using Almond flour)
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 40+ Keto Indian Food Recipes
What is Ketogenic Diet?
How does Keto Diet work?
The key with any keto diet is to trigger the process called ketosis. It’s actually a process to force your body to utilize the excess fat as energy instead of using any carbohydrates.
On the contrary, the logic should be anything that is high in fat or protein but low in carbs can be considered as a keto food since that will trigger the ketosis process.
What foods should you strictly AVOID while on Keto?
- Legumes or Beans: chickpeas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans, etc.
- Root vegetables like potatoes, yam, sweet potatoes, carrots, beetroot, etc.
- Grains and Cereals like whole-wheat products like bread, pasta or crackers, rice, barley, millet, semolina, bulgur, oatmeal, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: all fruits, except avocado and moderate portions of berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
- Sugar or Sweeteners like carbonated drinks, sweets, fruit juice, pastries, smoothies, ice cream, candy, chocolates, jaggery, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave, dates, etc.
- Unhealthy Fats: processed vegetable oils, trans fat, etc
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, or cocktails
- Sugar-free diet foods: sugar-free chocolates, sweeteners, syrups, puddings, desserts, etc.
What foods to eat on Keto?
- Eggs: local, pastured, or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Low Carb Veggies: cauliflower, french beans, broccoli, mushrooms, bottle gourd, brinjals (eggplant), zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, green leaves like spinach, kale, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Butter and Cream: grass-fed butter, heavy cream, coconut cream. Peanut butter, almond butter are also a good option.
- Cheese: unprocessed cheeses like mozzarella, cheddar, cottage cheese (paneer), goat, cream cheese or, blue
- Nuts and Seeds: almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
- Healthy Oils: extra virgin olive oil, clarified butter (ghee), coconut oil, and avocado oil
- Sweeteners: stevia, erythritol, xylitol, monk fruit
- Avocados: Whole avocados or homemade guacamole
- Condiments: salt, pepper, herbs, and Indian spices
How to follow an Indian Vegan Keto diet
For vegans, designing an Indian Keto diet plan may be a little difficult, but there are still some options open
Soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, nuts (almonds, walnuts, peanuts), and seeds (such as flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds), are good options to include in your diet, other than vegetables.
Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor, nutritionist, or dietician, so please don't take any of this as medical advice. One must only go on a Keto diet after consultation with an expert or doctor.
My husband tried the Keto diet for a considerable amount of time & his weight loss was very very evident. A lot of my friends asked what Indian food is keto, So I wanted to document the recipes and share them. Just a reminder below collection are the Keto diet for Indian vegetarians without eggs recipes.
There are many types of Keto diet namely Strict (clean) keto, Dirty keto, and Lazy keto. So my husband followed the Lazy keto diet where it is a less restrictive option than a standard keto diet for tracking macronutrients. This could help someone lower their carbohydrate intake and potentially lose weight.
I have taken the liberty to share certain keto alternatives for some recipes shared below, which may not be completely keto compliant. This is to prevent people from getting overwhelmed when they switch to a Keto diet plan. This is left to the individual's preferred keto diet choice as we know there are multiple types of ketogenic diets available. So stick to what suits your diet plan.
I promise to keep updating this collection with more such delicious recipes.
Keto Diet Indian Food Recipes
Let’s have a look at the 40+ Easy Keto (Low Carb) Indian Vegetarian Food Recipes, which will give you a bit of flair to your keto diet.